We are searching for a motivated Sales and Marketing Assistant who loves setting and exceeding goals, is rigorous at following up and is a natural storyteller and skilled writer. The part-time position offers exposure to the sales, business, and marketing sides of a creative company with opportunity to develop into a full-time position.
Estimate 15-25 hours per week through October and a shift to full time in November. Position will be evaluated after one year. Can work remotely with a 1-2x in person meeting per week in Brooklyn, NY.
- A small but mighty team of focused individuals who believe that regular and clear communication is the key to our team's success.
- Growth seekers, looking for ways to widen our perception of the world and how we can better it.
- Dedicated to training and supporting each other to achieve team and personal goals.
- Overachievers who over deliver and take pride in getting work done.
- Cheerleaders who celebrate team and individual wins.
- Inspired by contemporary design, informed by historical design, and excited by online retail.
- Looking to take the next step toward a long term sales career
- A self starter who can work and think independently, is highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Willing to take on challenges head on, both big and small
- Someone who asks thoughtful questions and is eager to learn
- Never takes something at its surface value, a vigilant worker with keen awareness of the non-obvious
- A natural communicator who enjoys speaking with customers and listening to their needs
- A strong writer who can put complex ideas into simple terms
- Work closely with the CEO and Director of Sales to grow the trade, wholesale, and DTC business
- Help to grow and maintain our active leads list of wholesale and trade account contacts
- Assist with order entry, tracking and maintenance
- Work with the warehouses to coordinate order entry and ensure orders are fulfilled properly and on time
- Help solve sales issues as they arise
- Attend in-person sales and trade shows to support with setup and sales
- Account receivables bookkeeping
- Adopt the brand’s visual and written voice and communicates it across all channels
- Work with CEO to select and layout social media content for Instagram and bi-monthly newsletters
- Prepare copy for bi-monthly newsletters and blog
- Light image editing for content used on social media, newsletter, ads
- Maintain spreadsheets on digital ads, newsletter opens, social media gains
- Update websites with new banners, content and products
- 1-2 years of experience in sales and or marketing, internship ok
- Strong writing skills and is comfortable developing internal copy, writing blog posts, and communicating with external customers
- Fluency in Adobe Design programs a plus
- Experience with website backend (Shopify, Squarespace, Wordpress, etc) is a plus
Cover Letter should include the following:
- Handful of cultural influences & publications you follow (i.e. blogs, magazines, brand newsletters, social media accounts)
- Writing sample which could include product copy, blog post, shorty essay, etc.
Submit applications to: email@example.com with email subject line "Sales & Marketing Position".